No Netflix, Amazon, Blockbuster, or YouTube in menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Netflix, Amazon, Blockbuster, or YouTube in menu

I have a Tivo Premiere with lifetime that has an upgraded hard drive, that I initially bought from someone on ebay. Ever since owning the unit, there has been no option for Netflix, Amazon, Blockbuster, or YouTube in the Tivo central menu under "Find TV, movies, & videos." I'm doubtful if the hard drive was upgraded with WeaKnees hard drive upgrade. Not sure how to find that out.

I use the Tivo with Verizon Fios TV. I recently purchased a Tivo Stream and have set it up successfully. I have forced a network connection to Tivo, but no change in the menu to show Netflix or the others. Also, under video providers, nothing shows up. I called Tivo customer support and they referred me here to WeaKnees since it has a modified hard drive. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

You might try to 'clear and delete everything' in the system reset menu, but unfortunately, it might be that you bought from an ebay seller that doesn't know what he/she is doing. We see it all the time. A real shame.

Comment

So I went through the 'clear and delete everything', but still the Tivo central menu doesn't show the missing Netflix, etc. I tried to look into the standard definition menu items, but I only saw Hulu Plus along with a few other music apps. Under "video provider" nothing shows up still.

I called Verizon Fios during the clear and delete everything. I wanted to have them on the phone so that I could pair my cablecard back up, but the Tivo was able to connect to the internet and I was able to retrieve my channel listing and program infos. So I got my channels back. They did mention, though, that Verizon Fios TV service doesn't include Netflix in their DVRs they send out to residences. So, I'm not sure if it's because I'm with Verizon Fios TV that I'm not able to get Netflix on my Tivo or that the Tivo did not install the software update correctly.

Comment

If you didn't get the TiVo from Verizon, they have no control over the software.

Comment

Working...
        X