Series 3 in boot loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 in boot loop

I have an old Series 2 Tivo that threw a S03 error when it was trying to pull updates. I tried to run the kickstart 57 code and that is when it started to boot loop, it never ran any diagnostics. None of the kickstart codes work at all, the left light turns green after entering the code (I believe the right light is amber) and loops without running any of the actions the kickstart is supposed to run. The screen sequence is "Welcome Powering up" -> enter kickstart code -> "Almost there. Just a few minutes more" -> GSOD -> Reboot.

Hard drive doesn't have any usual noises at all. It was running fine until I tried to kickstart 57 it. Nothing will change the loop, kickstart code or regular booting. Any help is appreciated!
    Last edited by STEye; 11-27-2012, 07:02 PM.

Any time there is a green screen, there's almost definitely a bad drive involved. But you can also check your power supply against these pics:

http://www.weaknees.com/bps
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I just so happened to find the same 40GB drive in my pile of old drives! Now I need to figure out how to reimage it. I'm a noob!

Comment

Do you have a copy of the image?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X