Sudden onset pixelation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden onset pixelation

Two weeks ago, my daughter gave me her old Tivo which hadn't been used in a couple of years. I wanted to try out the Tivo experience and returned one of my Verizon Fios DVD boxes. TheTivo is an early model DVR 68 FB w/20 hrs HD capacity. I obtained acablecard from Verizon and the Tivo worked beatifully for one week. Suddenly, I have poor signal strength and significant pixelation. Verizon sent me a brand new cable card, which didn't fix the issue. I replaced the coax cable from box to wall outlet. I can't think of anything else that's changed: e.g., no weather storms, no new appliances or sources of interference, no jostling of the furniture. I should note that I also have a Verizon Fios DVD in another room and it continues to work flawlessly. I've called VZ twice and they say my signal stength is fine. Tivo support says that I need a new Tivo. What's your take?

I'd suggest you start by inspecting the power supply, see:

www.weaknees.com/bps

Comment

I can see the Tivo Central and all the Tivo stuff clear as a bell. It's only the live TV and recorded TV that's pixelating badly. Could a faulty power supply only be affecting them? If so, it sounds like it may be more cost effective to buy a new basic Tivo (which has much greater recording capacity) rather than spend the money on a fix. What do you think?

Comment

If you don't have lifetime TiVo service,it's likely not worth repairing.

Comment

Working...
        X