both series 3 tivos have blank screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• both series 3 tivos have blank screen

both of my series 3 tivos have a blank screen. i have unplugged them and get the same when plugged back in. no boot up at all. i have not changed the input. both are hard wired to the internet. the power light is on on the face of the unit. the yellow light blinks when a remote button is pushed. there is no functionality at all.

i have been having problems with tivo desktop transferring files. i just downloaded the fix.

i have also been copying videos from the net into the tivo folder which have been playing fine. could that have done something to both of my units?

Carl

Originally posted by Reefski View Post
    both of my series 3 tivos have a blank screen. i have unplugged them and get the same when plugged back in. no boot up at all. i have not changed the input. both are hard wired to the internet. the power light is on on the face of the unit. the yellow light blinks when a remote button is pushed. there is no functionality at all.

i have been having problems with tivo desktop transferring files. i just downloaded the fix.

i have also been copying videos from the net into the tivo folder which have been playing fine. could that have done something to both of my units?

Carl
    anyone out there? could i have a virus or corrupted hard disk from loading files from the net onto the tivo?

Comment

Are they connected to the same TV?

Have you tried pressing the Format button on the faceplate of the unit?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
      X