Tivo Elite reboot loop after crash due to tuning adapter connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tivo Elite reboot loop after crash due to tuning adapter connection

Was having cable issues that I thought were resolved.... while a tuning adapter was trying to sync (at the "tuning adapter is connected screen") , it caused my tivo to crash/reboot suddenly, and it has been in a reboot loop ever since. Won't go past the "just a few minutes more" screen before going right back to the start. I am able to access kickstart options. Did 54 - all SMART tests passed (up to the off-line scan, which is when I chose to stop and try kickstart 57).

Kickstart 57 ran its course and didn't seem to do anything. Tried kickstart 52 and 56 as well, and nada.
    I tried to go back into kickstart 54 to run the overnight automated test, but get a screen that says:

read, random locations on /dev/hda
    test failed
    SMART enable/disable failed

I am going to try to run the off-line scan test now... as letting it run for its estimated 618 minutes is about all I can do.
    Anyone have any suggestions? Does it seem like a hard drive issue? Motherboard? Capacitor? Power supply? Of course this unit is only about 6 months old, and I have the lifetime subscription on it. UGH!

Sounds like a bad drive, and the SMART failure really confirms it.

Replacement drives are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-premiere-elite-series4.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

That is what I'm confused about.... it passed the SMART tests up to the off-line scan (which is when I stopped the test and tried kickstart 57). I went back to kickstart 54, and am now over 700 minutes into the off-line scan test (and still working). I tried to do just the overnight automated test first, but it failed.

Comment

I'd try the overnight test again...if it fails, then I'd suggest you try a hard drive. The best way to test a drive is to start with the fastest test (SMART) and then move to the longer tests, one by one, until they all pass or one fails.

Comment

Working...
        X