No Signal to TV after Hard Drive Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Signal to TV after Hard Drive Replacement

I just replaced the hard-drive & fan in my Samsung SIR-S4040R, and now my TV is insisting that there's "no signal". It was working fine before the replacement (or as "fine" as a 10-year-old box can work). I can hear the fan running, so I know that it isn't a power-supply issue. I double-checked all of the cables, and they're all properly connected. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    Last edited by MyBurrito; 05-05-2013, 07:34 PM.

It's not a drive issue. You could easily have a power supply problem even if the fan is spinning. Do you have lights on the front?

You should also triple-check your cables.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification on the power supply. No - the lights on the front aren't working. Did I completely mess this up?

Comment

Sounds like you have a bad power supply or you have a bad connection inside the TiVo that is keeping the power supply from powering the main board. Check the white cable that runs from the power supply to the main TiVo board.

Comment

Okay, so...I took your advice and checked everything you recommended - all cables/ribbons are securely connected.
          I also disconnected the external cables from my other (perfectly functional) Tivo Box and connected them to this one...still no lights or power (other than the fan).
          I reconnected the external cables to the functional box, and it resumed working as it was before. I'm assuming that this means the problem is inside the box. Since all of the internal cables are securely connected, would the flat-fee repair service be the best option? This definitely seems to be too technical for me...

Comment

Originally posted by MyBurrito View Post
            Okay, so...I took your advice and checked everything you recommended - all cables/ribbons are securely connected.
            I also disconnected the external cables from my other (perfectly functional) Tivo Box and connected them to this one...still no lights or power (other than the fan).
            I reconnected the external cables to the functional box, and it resumed working as it was before. I'm assuming that this means the problem is inside the box. Since all of the internal cables are securely connected, would the flat-fee repair service be the best option? This definitely seems to be too technical for me...
            Yes, I'd recommend either a flat-fee TiVo repair or a new power supply.

Comment

Working...
            X