S3 HD Reboots when "TiVo Button" is pushed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S3 HD Reboots when "TiVo Button" is pushed

My Series 3 HD Reboots when "TiVo Button" (button at top of peanut remote with "Mr. TiVo on it) is pushed.

If I get to the "Now Playing" screen without pushing the "TiVo Button" I can play/pause/rew/FF/delete, etc., etc.. Recording seems to continue fine. I just can't push the "TiVo Button" without getting the reboot routine: (Welcome..., Just a few more..., Animation).

Is this a HD replacement issue or something else?

I also occasionally see a bit of pixilation during a show but I think this is always on OTA channels so maybe it is a broadcasting artifact. Some channels are below the 90%'s of signal level.

Thanks,
    Larry

That sounds like a pretty clear hard drive problem. Sounds like when it tries to load the screen or the background from the drive, it just crashes due to a bad sector on the drive.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Is that a new HD situation or can the HD be "cleaned-up" or similar in a relatively easy way?

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
      That sounds like a pretty clear hard drive problem. Sounds like when it tries to load the screen or the background from the drive, it just crashes due to a bad sector on the drive.

Comment

Forget the previous question. Now it has started rebooting at random times as well.

Comment

Then, even more likely to be a bad drive.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X