XL4 stuck in Restart loop, external HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XL4 stuck in Restart loop, external HD

When i first turned my tv on i first saw the screen that said the external was missing.
    I tried rebooting
    then i got stuck in the reboot loop that ends with the GSOD
    I tried kickstart 54 & 57
    despite seeming to be accepted(green/Yellow flashing lites) , I was never sent to the kickstart screen

i have a unsanctioned external 2tb external.

I'm assuming my external hdd is toast. seem logical?

question, what to do?

a) disconnect (loose recordings), buy a sanctioned external
    b) send the external & XL4 to Weaknees, $100 bench fee, try to save recordings, plus a new 2tb hdd (assuming it's the external). 2 week turn around

Anyone had experience with weaknees saving their recordings? Does it happen frequently?

Frankly, if we didn't add the external, I doubt we'd have much luck saving the recordings. There are several methods out there to connect externals, and yours may not be compatible with the one we use. In fact, the method may be at the heart of the problem - not the drive itself.

I'd disconnect and divorce.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

DvrDude married the two drives-

Is the method that Weaknees uses for marrying more stable (or recoverable in a crash)? I used a WD AV drive in a antec mx case & the stock Tivo hdd.

if i was to send the xl4 and the external in to weaknees, and the external drive is toast, how much would it cost to have a new drive installed in my Antec mx case & married?

there's another issue with the tivo too, one of the recording lites doesn't work- which i'd like to get fixed. in other words, multiple reasons for sending it into weaknees<grin>

Comment

I really can't compare out techniques. I just haven't seen his.

Besides the labor, $199.99 for a replacement new 2TB WD AV drive.

I haven't seen a recording light problem on a Premiere, but we can certainly take a look at that also. Start with this labor option:

http://www.weaknees.com/s3s4
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X