Series 3 Power Supply / No video or panel lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 3 Power Supply / No video or panel lights

My series 3 started rebooting and upon inspection, I had a bulging capacitor on my Series 3 power supply (701). I ordered a replacement of like type and replaced the cap. The unit powered up and all was well for testing and then I shut it down to secure the case, etc. Now, when power is applied to the unit, the fan kicks on and there's no video or lights on the front. Swapped PS and the unit works fine, so problem is the PS. Replaced 701 again thinking replacement cap was bad or solder connection was bad. Same issue. Since you repair PS's, do you have any suggestions as to what cap(s) commonly need to be replaced when a PS exhibits no video / no panel light symptoms? No other caps are distended or leaking.

replacement caps are high quality low esr from digikey.

Thanks.

I'm not the tech who does these repairs, but I'd say that you've likely got some short somewhere if you're getting nothing at all now. Is the capacitor definitely oriented the right way?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Yes, it is connected properly. What is odd to me is that worked, then stopped working after plugging it in again. Was thinking perhaps something down the line from the repaired cap gave out, but not sure how the board flows.

Comment

Working...
      X