Series 2 "Pending System Re-Start"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Series 2 "Pending System Re-Start"

In early 2012 I upgraded my series 2 to a 250 gig hard drive. Its been operating perfectly since. However about 3 weeks ago it began re-booting while at the "Welcome Start Up" screen. It does this about every 3-4 minutes.

I had kept the orignal tivo 40 gig drive intact and stuffed away just in case. I did an mfs copy from the 40 gig to the 250 gig drive once again just like I had done long ago. Re-installed the drive and did the set up routine. It appears to be just fine and the last status reports successful. However, after a day of running the "Last Status" changes to "Pending System Re-start" then at 2:00 am restarts. When it does that restart it gets stuck at the "Welcome Starting Up" and goes back into the rebooting cycle.

I put in the orginal 40 gig drive and it did the same thing. Anyone got any ideas on what either I'm doing wrong or some helpful ideas on what might be happening?

I also tried to re-build, delete and clear everything but it does the same. I'm stuck.

Thanks

Bad power supply maybe? See this page:

http://www.weaknees.com/bps
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X