Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black screen (except thumbnail of live TV) when clicking the Tivo button on XL4 unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black screen (except thumbnail of live TV) when clicking the Tivo button on XL4 unit

I have a Tivo XL4 device. In the last few weeks, randomly when I click the TIVO button I got a black screen 'except' for the thumb nail of the show I am watching. I am using the HD menu system. Sometimes going back to live TV and hitting the TIVO button again fixes it, sometimes not. Sometimes going to LIVE tv, then changing the resolution 'using the UP button' and again hitting the TIVO button fixes it, sometimes not. This is really annoying. What can I do to correct this problem?

I can't say I've seen that, but I'd try a drive test - most likely, the drive is failing and the menus don't load.

See this link:

http://www.weaknees.com/54
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I had this problem too. Then one morning two weeks ago, it was sitting at the GSOD. I ultimately had to reload the OS on the disk. Disk was fine, but the filesystem seems to have been trashed on the disk. Can you say OS problem?

Comment

Originally posted by DocBrown View Post
        I had this problem too. Then one morning two weeks ago, it was sitting at the GSOD. I ultimately had to reload the OS on the disk. Disk was fine, but the filesystem seems to have been trashed on the disk. Can you say OS problem?
        On a TiVo, an OS problem without an underlying drive hardware problem is pretty rare.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X