Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premiere Lightning Issue - TCD746500

Hi there,

So was watching TV the other night when lightning struck.. display panel on my LG smart TV shot.. :/

Not only that, but I *think* my TiVo Premiere (TCD746500) also may have taken a hit. Unfortunately I can't verify this 100% yet, as I have no TV in the house to connect it to currently! But here is what I am seeing with TiVo unit plugged in:

- Plug TiVo unit in
    - On the front of the unit, green light goes on... then yellow light flashes at varying "speeds" for about 5 seconds. Then after about 30 seconds (green light still lit), all lights flash on the front of the unit flash on/off quickly
    - Green light goes off for 1 second
    - Green light comes back and stays lit, after about 20 seconds the above repeats....

...and repeats...

I have not opened up unit but sounds like fans are running... I don't tink I hear hard drive spinning but hard to tell.

Since this happened after lightning struck, I suspect an issue with the power supply. Do you agree? Or do you think this is hard drive related?

Thanks for any help!

Regards,

- Dave

Sounds like you might have a problem, but if you're not connected to a TV to see if you get any output, I really can't offer much advice. If you want to try to fix it yourself, I'd recommend a power supply and a hard drive and you can return what you don't need.

WeaKnees accepts returns within 30 days of purchase, subject to a 15% (minimum $15) restocking fee. Our complete return policy is here:

http://www.weaknees.com/payment.php

Comment

Hi Jeff - Thanks for getting back to me.

I'll be able to get a TV tomorrow...and will test. Will probably be back with the results... ideally I'd like to know whether it's the power supply or the hard drive... so I don't have to order both... but I agree it's hard to know until I connect it to the TV!

Thanks,

- Dave

Comment

Working...
      X