Roamio N02 and N07 Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roamio N02 and N07 Codes

My Roamio is stuck in guided setup. Will not connect to the router. Router is working perfectly. All other phones, roku, printers, laptops are connected with no issues.

Tivo customer service is NO HELP.

What gives?

Thanks in advance.

Figured it out for myself

I kept telling customer service that when I log into my Router, my Tivo is listed as connected wirelessly even though Tivo couldn't see the router. Tivo's customer service was stumped. I couldn't get Tivo to see the router WIRED or WIRELESS. Every time I tried to connect wirelessly, Tivo would keep telling me to unplug the Ethernet cable (even though it was unplugged!). Not wanting to loose my recordings, and since I knew it was on my network, I looked to see if my PC would talk to Tivo and transfer the recording to my PC with the Tivo Desktop app. It worked! I called customer service AGAIN to tell them my PC would talk to Tivo and pull off my recordings that obviously it was a problem with the Ethernet port. I asked if there was a way to turn off the Ethernet port on the Tivo. Nope, no work around or way to turn off the Ethernet port according to Tivo's Customer Service.

After googling, I discovered if I plugged something into the USB port it automatically shuts off the Ethernet Port. After rebooting with a thumb drive plugged into the USB port and the Ethernet unplugged, I could finish set up wirelessly!!!! I would rather be "wired" with Ethernet, but at least I can get out of that setup loop and use my Tivo until my RMA arrives. Jeeze....after about 4 hours of them having me try this and try that....you would think someone would have had me try that!

I hope this helps someone else. YMMV.

Comment

Pretty cool. Thanks for the posts! I haven't seen that problem or solution before.

What model TiVo is it?
      Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
        Pretty cool. Thanks for the posts! I haven't seen that problem or solution before.

What model TiVo is it?
        It is the base Roamio. Not the OTA only model.

Comment

OK - thanks again for posting the info.
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

N02 Problem :
            Cannot connect to wireless router, Tivo roamio pro sees the router, I can select it from the list,
            but after a couple more steps,(DHCP) Im in a loop with a N02 error.
            The Fix:
            Using a cell phone I set up a hot spot and connected the roamio to it. It took, I then let
            it setup all the way on the hotspot. It setup fully including its updates.
            I then went to Network in the settings and was able to switch to my router (TP link AC2700).

Comment

Working...
            X