HDR212 - Series 1? Doesn't record more than 30 mins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR212 - Series 1? Doesn't record more than 30 mins

I just received an older TIVO from someone at work. There is no subscription on it, but that's ok with me as I just wanted to use it to record manually (which I won't be doing a whole lot of).

Anyway after going through the whole set up procedure, it appeared that everything was working fine. Then l tried to record and hour long program last night and fell asleep. When I woke up, only 30 minutes was recorded. I tried it again this morning and noticed that when I push the record button, only 30 minutes worth of the time line shows at the bottom of the screen.

When I watch live tv, the timeline at the bottom shows a full hour, has the time and shows the current marker, but as soon as I push record it drops to 30 minutes.

Is this a limitation with the series 1 with no subscription, or is there a setting I need to change?
    Last edited by XDetoursX; 03-09-2007, 11:45 AM.

You need to schedule the recording manually for the full hour. If you just push the red record button on the remote, if I remember properly, this is exactly what you get.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X