Connection issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection issues

So I have my Tivo units connected to the internet via an Ethernet cord- not wireless. I also have 2 Tivo minis.

I watch quite a bit of YouTube Videos and noticed last week that YouTube basically wasn't working- video's would endlessly buffer to the point they could not be watched. Now I'm having issues with my Tivo minis connecting to the main unit- they say they can't find the main Tivo box.

The Ethernet line is not the issue- I plugged it into my computer and it works flawlessly.

I've tried resetting everything including my cable modem, router and each Tivo box with no luck.

The YouTube thing really has me stumped- with a perfect internet connection going into the box, why would it be buffering? Oh and I did check the network diagnostics and everything appears to be fine.

Thanks for any insight!

No POE filters or anything in there?

You say the ethernet line is not the issue, but you have several lines, right? Have you tried them all?

Is YouTube watchable on your laptop without problems?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

YouTube works fine on my Laptops....

I pulled the ethernet line out of the Tivo box and put it in my computer....it worked fine.

Not sure what POE is?

Thanks for trying to help...I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks!

Comment

POE is a point of entry filter - it basically breaks networks to keep adjoining houses from having cross-traffic.

This sounds like some type of network voodoo that is hard to troubleshoot. I'd start by literally turning off every network device. Then just turn on the modem and router. Then one TiVo. Try it. Stream YouTube. If that works, keep adding and testing devices.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          POE is a point of entry filter - it basically breaks networks to keep adjoining houses from having cross-traffic.

This sounds like some type of network voodoo that is hard to troubleshoot. I'd start by literally turning off every network device. Then just turn on the modem and router. Then one TiVo. Try it. Stream YouTube. If that works, keep adding and testing devices.
          I was checked You Tube on one of my minis and it worked...need to go back and double check the main box....

Comment

Working...
          X