Daylight Savings Upgrade Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Savings Upgrade Problem

My HR10-250 was upgraded with the the Daylight Savings upgrade, Ver: 6.3c-01-2-357. Now the TiVo unit will not recognize the Access Card and the status indicates the Account is closed. I called DirecTV and we went through the reset procedures/troubleshooting and the Access Card remains unreadable. DirecTV is shipping a replacement unit since they say the unit is defective. The unit was working before the upgrade so I must believe it is a software/firmware issue. I can play previously recorded TiVo programs, but cannot view Live TV. Is there a way to revert to the previous Software Version? Have others experienced this problem?

Not to hijack this post, but today I installed and activated a recently aquired hr10-250. It still has v3.2 software, and after activating the unit on my account, I had it connect to the DVR service in hopes of getting it to download v6.3. After it successfully connected, I still have v3.2. Unfortunately, the system time still shows an hour off from the real time with the new daylight savings time change.

Is there a way to force an update to the latest software version, or will it do it on it's own in the middle of the night?

Comment

To jnbjnb2: I don't think that the upgrade killed your card reader; it could be coincidence, it could be something else...but you should be thankful that DIRECTV is sending out an other HR10--they don't do very often. You could revert to an earlier version by having that version loaded onto your hard drive...but again, I don't know that it would help. I would have thought that having DIRECTV re-hit your card would do the trick, are you sure they did that?

To gedwards: You should keep the phone line connected and force a daily call. If your System Information screen says "pending restart" then pull the plug and plug it back in to get the new software installed.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
        To gedwards: You should keep the phone line connected and force a daily call. If your System Information screen says "pending restart" then pull the plug and plug it back in to get the new software installed.
        I did what you suggested before posting my original question and it says the data service update was sucessful. However, I still have the old version of software and my time is an hour off. It stays plugged in to a phone line all the time.

Comment

I have two DirecTivo units (from WK)... one installed a month or so ago which is fine. Running v6.2a and under System Info 'Daylight Savings' = Daylight Savings Time. When it was set up both Time and Daylight Savings information were retrieved directly from the Sat.

The one I am setting up now is an hour off and I cannot seem to rectify. As near as I can tell the only difference from above is that this one is running v6.2 (vs 6.2a). But under System Info this one continues to list "standard time". I've restarted, changed the config etc. There was also a lengthy download from the DVR service when I forced a call, but no subsequent change to the o/s version?

I would have thought that basic system information such as time would come from the sat upfront with the guide but maybe it'll update when guide is fully populated over the next few days?

Comment

Originally posted by gedwards View Post
            I did what you suggested before posting my original question and it says the data service update was sucessful. However, I still have the old version of software and my time is an hour off. It stays plugged in to a phone line all the time.
            What software version do you see in System Information? What is the last call status?
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by tdavis39 View Post
              But under System Info this one continues to list "standard time". I've restarted, changed the config etc. There was also a lengthy download from the DVR service when I forced a call, but no subsequent change to the o/s version?
              Did you restart the unit? You have to do that (or let it happen automatically) to get the new OS installed.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                What software version do you see in System Information? What is the last call status?
                V 3.1.5f-01-2-357

Last call status as of about ten minutes ago was successful.

I've been forcing it to call about twice a day in hopes of prompting it to download the update.

Comment

Fine now. Called DTV last night. They said is takes a bit of time for the Daylight Savings Time patch / OS upgrade to work it's way through the system. Still no change this morning, but decided to force a call to the DVR services, after which I noticed a "restart required". And after the restart; daylight saving time in effect. O/S ver 6.2x (upgraded!) and System Info reflected the service data download (which had been listed as "not available", prior). Works fine now. I probably forced 10 calls last night to no avail. DTV did say something about 'pushing' the s/w upgrade to my box last night. At any rate, it took another call and a restart to fix it.

Comment

Fine now. Called DTV last night. They said is takes a bit of time for the Daylight Savings Time patch / OS upgrade to work it's way through the system. Still no change this morning, but decided to force a call to the DVR services, after which I noticed a "restart required". And after the restart; daylight saving time in effect. O/S ver 6.2x (upgraded!) and System Info reflected the service data download (which had been listed as "not available", prior). Works fine now. I probably forced 10 calls last night to no avail. DTV did say something about 'pushing' the s/w upgrade to my box last night. At any rate, it took another call and a restart to fix it.

I've been forcing at minimum two calls a day, so maybe I'll call DTV and see if they will manually "push" the upgrade to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by gedwards View Post
                      V 3.1.5f-01-2-357

Last call status as of about ten minutes ago was successful.

I've been forcing it to call about twice a day in hopes of prompting it to download the update.
                      Something is pretty wrong there. Did you ever install any hacks on the drive that might prohibit it from updating its software level? Those hacks are out there, and they cause all kinds of unintended side-effects like this.

Comment

Glad you got it! I needed to get 6.2c on a unit here that had 6.2a, and I got it on the first call. I never know how the logic works on these.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
                          Something is pretty wrong there. Did you ever install any hacks on the drive that might prohibit it from updating its software level? Those hacks are out there, and they cause all kinds of unintended side-effects like this.

There aren't any hacks that I'm aware of. I bought the unit used and according to the previous owner it is less than a year old (DirecTv verified the receivers age). I know that the afformentioned information doesn't rule out the possibility of hacked software, but considering what I do know about it, I feel pretty comfortable in saying the unit isn't hacked.

It will connect to the DVR service, and download data....just not the data I want.

I might add that I've called DirecTv and have been told about five different reasons as to why it won't update ranging from "I don't know," to "Well maybe Tivo hasn't updated thier data to include this receiver". The latest thing I was told is there are more recievers waiting for the update than the satellite has bandwidth for and there is a "waiting list" so to speak for the download to occur.
                          Last edited by gedwards; 03-17-2007, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Well yesterday morning I woke up to a pending restart message in the system info screen. After rebooting, I was happy to see v6.3 had downloaded sometime during the night. Everything installed correctly and it's running like a champ.

Comment

Working...
                            X