TiVo HD Lip Sync After Fast Forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiVo HD Lip Sync After Fast Forward

I have recently begun noticing an issue with the lip sync on my TiVo HD not matching up after fast forwarding through a section of a program. When I press play to resume playback at normal speed, the sync will be off by a few seconds. I will have to pause and play one or two additional times for it to start playing back correctly? I feel like I've also seen sync off by a few frames every her and there but might just be me. What might be causing this?

I did replace the hard drive a few months ago with a 2TB internal drive, though it was not done by Weaknees. I ordered a drive from a service on eBay that pre-configured the drive for me but I'm wondering if the hard drive they used is not keeping up. I've had the new drive for a few months but this problem is more recent, but maybe the drive is getting more full now? One thing I could try is going back to the stock 160GB drive that came with the TiVo to see if this resolves anything, but really don't want to go through the hassle of forfeiting all the things I've been recording. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Did you get an AV drive? Most of the cheap drives on eBay are cheap for a reason.

Comment

This is a Western Digital internal SATA drive. I've gone the external eSATA route before but had less than great results with the whole system often crashing and requiring reboots.

Comment

Working...
      X