Drive capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive capacity

I just upgraded my TCD540080 from the original drive to two 400gb drives. I made a serious error , and lost the original data in the process, and had to copy the data from my other tivo, and got an error #51. I found out how to fix that problem, and thought everything was good, but I just realized that it says the capacity is 311 hours, when it should be like 1000. What could cause this problem and how can I fix it?

What command line did you use? Is the 311 at the Best Quality or at Basic?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

In system information it says "recording capacity: Variable, up to 311 hours" so I would assume that is basic quality. I used a cd I bought from a store on ebay, I just copied the drive from my other tivo, then used "mfsadd -x /dev/hdc /dev/hdb" (I am not an expert at linux, I am not sure what that means exactly) according to the directions that came on the cd, that was supposed to do it.
      (I was told by someone that the B drive did not have to be formatted, that it was already formatted correctly, it was a brand new drive, is that correct?

Comment

I just read this in the instructions that came with the software I used...

"Please note: Currently the TiVo kernel is only capable of using the first 137GB of any hard drive. What does this mean to you? Although you can purchase a 160GB hard drive to use as your larger IDE hard drive, not all of its capacity will be used by your TiVo."

I did not know this, is this true? I guess this would explain my problem?

Comment

That restriction only applies to units that are much older than yours. It sounds like, yet again, an eBay seller is selling old info, and info that's freely available on the internet.

See our info (and free downloadable boot disk) here:

http://www.upgrade-instructions.com
          Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
          X