old newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old newbie

I have a Series 2 175-hour(!) dvr I bought from Weaknees in '05 and it has served me wonderfully well. With my plasma tv recordings look great, but I wanted more so I just got high def service from my cable provider. Forgive if I'm asking stupid questions, but the current dvr has been serving me so well I haven't kept up with what's new out there.

Do I need to upgrade to a new TIvo box or some other upgrade in order to record in hd? Or should I use my many hours to just record hd programs in highest quality? Can I get the same number of hours on a newer generation of dvr or was that a quirk of early Weaknees offers? Since I now only get 4 channels in high def, should I wait until there's more there there before spending on new equipment?

One last one: my local CBS affiliate bumps prime time programming during the basketball season without saying when things like CSI are rescheduled to. TIVO can't usually find the new time. Any suggestions?

Gracias. Sharon C

There's really no way to upgrade that unit to handle HD. Best Quality is as good as it will get.

We do have the TiVo Series 3 which can do HD from cable and/or antenna. It's a pretty excellent box. We have it with up to 100 HD hours or 900+ SD hours. But going forward, it'll work with HD channels as they come out.

As far as rescheduled recordings, that's a bit tough. You can pad the events with some extra time, but that's about it.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X