Recently Deleted not deleting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recently Deleted not deleting

Ok, so I've recently replaced my original series 2 HD with a 300GB HD. Everything works great. I slapped it in and there have been no problems. The only thing that's bugging me is that when I delete items, they are put into the recently deleted folder which NEVER seems to empty. I typically don't keep a lot of stuff on my tivo as I'm one of those watch it and delete it viewers. Is the reason that the shows are not being permanently deleted is because I have a ton of space left on the drive?

That's just a new feature of the current TiVo OS. You can basically ignore everything in there.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

I have a S3 as well and I'm running out of HD space so new shows won't record. At least that's what my To Do list shows when I try and find out why shows are missed. When I go through the deleted folder there are 15-20 shows that are several days, even weeks old and don't seem to erase themselves automatically fast enough. It's causing new shows to not be taped. Instead of manually deleted them myself from that folder is there a fix? Thanks.

Comment

I suspect that if you manually delete them, nothing will change. Most likely, what you have in the To Do list represents more (in terms of capacity requirements) than what is in the deleted folder. For example, if you have 15-20 standard def shows in there, that wont free up much space relative to a few HD shows that might be in your To Do list.

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jeff View Post
          I suspect that if you manually delete them, nothing will change. Most likely, what you have in the To Do list represents more (in terms of capacity requirements) than what is in the deleted folder. For example, if you have 15-20 standard def shows in there, that wont free up much space relative to a few HD shows that might be in your To Do list.
          Thanks for the reply. That's probably accurate but I would think that if I have say 10 hours of deleted shows in the Deleted Items folder it would at least attempt to delete those and try and record my new shows in the To Do list, saw, 10 hours worth. It's like my tivo it cutting off its nose to spite its face.

Comment

Working...
          X