Newbie question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie question

Hi folks. I have a simple question. MY DVD recorder came w/ no english insgtructions. But I want to hook it up to my TV and TIVO system so I can record onto DVD the stuff I save on my TIVO. How do I do that. Anyone have a link to a nice diagram? I have the signal going to my TIVO and then from my TIVO to My DVD recorder. But my DVD recorder seems to want me to set it up so the signal goes directgly to the recorder and then from there to my TIVO. which is right? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: this thread is somewhat helpful. http://www.wkforums.com/forums/showt...=dvd+player+to

But I'm not sure how that works. Is it real time?

My problem is that my Phillips DVD player/recorder is showing "No signal" so I don't think it will record even when I direct my TIVO to "record to VCR".
    Last edited by Fez; 04-21-2007, 10:03 AM.

Yes, it will record in real time, and yes you would use the 'save to vcr' feature.

If you are showing no signal, then you might need to switch inputs on the DVD recorder.

You might also try searching for your model online to find the manual in English.

Comment

let me try....

This sounds similar to my hookup in the living room. Your satellite input(s) go to your Tivo receiver. One of your outputs from your tivo receiver, video and audio, to your tv monitor. Another output, video and audio, from your Tivo receiver to the input on your dvd recorder. The output from your dvd recorder goes to another input on your tv monitor. As you mentioned the save to vcr function, put the remote eye from your tivo receiver close to the sensor eye on your dvd recorder. The s-video, component video, or hdi video outputs from your Tivo will give you the best picture on your monitor, or best recording, but a good 75 ohm video cable looks pretty good, too. I am only familiar with the jacks on my Sony Sat T-60s, so I don't know which ones yours has. You can leave out the hookup directly from your Tivo to your tv if you want, but you'll have to have your dvd recorder on to watch tv, if you do.

Comment

Working...
      X