Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destination directory problem

Hi Gang

I have a problem in trying to extract my programs from the Tivo to my PC. I get to the Tivo client, and it seems to go through the first process all right, but it skips right over the edit portion. It never lets me edit any of it. And so when it finishes up I click on the final step it comes back with a little box saying Destination directory does not exist. Is this due to it skipping the edit portion or do I need to change or add some thing in the preferences. All the other steps seem to do right, except for the edit and the final step. There is nothing in the ISO box either.

Thanks......Gunny

That actually sounds like a PC problem. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling TiVo Desktop.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

DD problem

Hi Michael

I guess I should have mentioned what I am using to get to the point. I hate when other people leave this out.

Tivo client Alpha #10 rel 4 and teraterm. Like I said I can get to the Tivo client. I use to have the older version of Tivo client, but my computer crashed and I lost all of it, and it worked great. Now that I have the newer version I have this problem. I have tried cleaning it all out and reinstalling it a couple of times, thinking as you are, but it still comes back the same way. No editing, and error at the finish.

I appreciate the help.....Gunny

Comment

Sorry - we really just don't have support for those tools, largely because of their instability.

Comment

DD trouble

Hi Michael

Ok say I want to dump this and start new, being it is not working right, what would you reccomend then.

Thanks......Gunny

Comment

Hi Michael

I am with Directv and have a series 2 tivo

Gunny

Comment

DD problem

Well thanks for all the help. I thought questions asked on here deserved answers of some sort. But I guess when is it thought you are dealing with a dummy you just stop posting him any thing at all.

Thanks......Gunny

Comment

Sorry - just trying to enjoy my weekend there a bit. I guess that's the downside to free support.

Not sure how I can help. As I posted earlier, we don't support those tools at all.

Comment

DD problem

Hi Michael

I did say if you don't support those tools then which ones do you support, I am willing to go any direction to get this to work. If these are no good and don't work then can you direct me to some that do work, and that your group do support.? I am not trying to be a smart guy here, I just want some help in getting things working right, and I thought from its reputation this forum was the place to go. I appreciate any and all help.

Thanks...........Gunny

Comment

We don't support any video extraction from DirecTV units - except via the analog outputs on the back. As far as we understand, all other methods are illegal.

If you want to get a video capture card for your PC, then play shows into the PC, that's what we'd recommend.

Comment

DD trouble

Hi Michael

Whether you do it that way or wireless, it is not illegal to do this. I would not do or ask for any thing illegal.

Thanks for all the help......Gunny

Comment

Working...
                      X