Sony T60 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony T60 issues

I have a Sony T60 directivo that I so don't want to have to replace. The problem I am having is an intermitent 'seaching for satelite in 1" or "searching for Satilite in 2" or seaching in both. These happen when my signal seams fine. The only posible corellation I can seem to see is it may be happening when the box has a lot of shows on it. Could this be a drive getting ready to die.

I can usually re-boot and get a good solid aquisition on both tuners but it may take a couple tries. This has been going on for about a year but seems to be getting worse.

Ideas or sugestions appreciated.

Will C.

That sounds like a situation where your tuners are beginning to fail. That really isn't cost-effective to repair. We'd recommend getting a replacement unit:

http://www.weaknees.com/directv-tivo.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

might try this....

I'm running 2 Sony T-60s, one hacked to 217 hours, one hacked to 243 hours. I'm sure Michael is probably right about the tuners going out, but when this happens again, instead of doing an onscreen reboot, you might try unplugging the unit, wait a minute, and plug back in, and let it reauthorize. I have had better luck with this, than just a reboot, when I get a hiccup with the unit. Can't hurt to try....
      One other thing comes to mind, also. There is a backup battery on the motherboard, and as old as our T-60s are getting to be, you might try replacing it as a cheap try at a fix. Hope one of these helps.

Comment

Working...
      X