X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting programs off of a dead tivo

Hello,

I have 2 Tivo's a 140060 and a 240040,

My 140060 box just died, no warning, no surge, nothing. now the lights on the front are lit up and nothing appears on the screen.

Weaknees said its probably the powersupply, or the harddrives, or the motherboard. Tivo said send it in, and they will fix it, or replace it but I will lose all the shows.

Murphys law has it that this is the tivo with the large dual harddrives and is used often.

Is there any way to save the recordings?

I already Tried to swap the drives in the other Tivo, no luck, (was told that tivos have different OS and probably wouldnt work, but I tried it to be sure) I also tried swapping the power supplies, no luck there either. The harddrives spin up, but thats about it, This means bad motherboard, or ???

Does anyone know of a way to transfer the files from one tivo to the other with a computer? I know the OS is different, but wouldnt the files be the same? can I just copy the program files from one harddrive to the other Tivo's harddrive before sending it in? which files would I copy? just the *.tivo ? or is there a program out there to do such a thing? what program would I use??? (basically looking for something to do the same thing as Tivo2Go, but with two tivo harddrives, and a direct transfer)

any help would be appreciated..
    Thanks

Those shows are tied to that motherboard, so if you really want to try to save them, you should try a new power supply and hope for the best.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
    X