HELP! Need instructions on replacing faceplate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Need instructions on replacing faceplate

Reaching out to the techies out there...

Have a RCA DirecTV Tivo. Remote lit up, but stopped working. DTV advised the infared went out. Found Weaknees and ordered new Hughes faceplate (and Torx tools) per their recommendation.

The faceplate and tools arrived ok, but there were no instructions. Weaknees response to my request for instructions was:

>Sorry - we haven't written any instructions for that part, but once you have >the cover off, it's fairly obvious.
    >
    >Thanks,
    >
    >WeaKnees.com
    >http://www.weaknees.com
    >
    >Check out our forums!
    >http://www.weaknees.com/forums

I did a search in the forums for faceplates, but didn't come up with any real instructions. It may be obvious for the folks at Weaknees, but I'd give them a couple of Thumbs Down (thungh, thungh) for not providing a bit more customer service and guidance. I'm not comfortable with the insides of electronic things and I would just die if I were to hurt, fry or kill my little TiVo guy. I hope some kind techy will provide (baby) step by step instructions.... including "FIRST, you MUST...." and "Whatever you do, DON'T...."

I miss my little TiVo guy as he bloops along throughout the evenings....it's a long way - button by button to stand in front of him and MANUALLY change the channel from the Sopranos on 504 to Lost on 7.

Bloop! (Thanks!)

Amoreena

Have you opened the unit? Do you have Torxes?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hi Michael,
      Yes, I have the tools (both Torxes), but I haven't done anything yet because I want to make I don't screw anything up and understand what I'm doing before I start.
      I'll put it this way - I didn't see where the Torxes are supposed to fit for me to remove the face plate....
      I'm fairly computer savvy regarding software, but I'm not a hardware kinda gal.
      Thanks!
      Amoreena

Comment

Working...
      X