New Remote: Lost ability to display 2 live TV's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Remote: Lost ability to display 2 live TV's

My dog ate my Tivo remote.. No really she did! I ordered a new one from Weeknees.com and it was here the next day (Thanks).

The problem is that with my last remote if I hit "Live TV" it would take me to a new channel giving me a new buffer. Now it just gives me the guide. My last Tivo remote had a separate button for "Guide" this one says "Guide/Live TV" in one button. So I took my HD Direct Tivo remote that has the same buttons as the old one. However, it does the same thing(i.e. does not allow me to hit "live TV" and get a new buffer/channel)

I can still schedule and record 2 shows at once and both inputs are working.

I am not sure if this is a problem with my Tivo or my new remote. I didn't change any settings recently.

Thanks,

Dan

So the two remotes have the exact same buttons, but the buttons react differently? We haven't seen that.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

The new remote from weeknees has one button for guide/live tv.

Before my old remote (Seperate Live TV and Guide) was eaten, when I would press Live TV I would get one buffer and the ability to channel switch. If I pressed live tv again it would give me a new buffer and the ability to channel switch. The live tv button was a toggle to go back and forth between buffers. I lost that ability with this new remote.

I took my HD Direct Tivo remote from my upstairs system that has a separate live tv and guide button. Now when I press live tv on it I get the same results as the new remote.

I seem to have lost the ability to change the channel while recording, and the ability to have 2 buffers/channels.

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

OK - right - then the remotes aren't identical. You should be able to find the remote you want here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-peanut-remote.php
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X