Pioneer 810-H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pioneer 810-H

I've been very satisfied with my Pioneer but now have shifted to DirecTV satellite from a cable system.

The DirecTV signal is much clearer than we are used to even though not the HD version.

The Pioneer managed the MCHSI CableBox via the IR option. It also has a serial hook up for other systems not having IR.

Evidently DirecTV used to have the rj-11 mini connector for channel switching from the Pioneer. The new one installed for us yesterday has a USB plug but no other serial options.

What to do? I'd rather upgrade the Pioneer than go with a brand change. DirecTV has their own DVR but haven't heard/read rave reviews yet. Have seen otherwise.

Options at WeaKnees?

Other Ideas.

SpikeH

Cobbling together a connector at Radio Shack

Just back from RS. Putting together the USB to 9 prong male to 9 slot female to stereo connector was a stretch for parts and would cost 60-70 retail!

Gives a point of reference.

Comment

Another referencing would be the $99 DVR from DirecTV (plus 5 per month).

But... equivalency of function? longevity?

Comment

We'd recommend getting the IR blaster on our cables page:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-cables.php

The USB isn't supported, as far as we know, and the DirecTV DVR gets pretty bad reviews, especially by TiVo users.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

My Thanks

Had the IR blaster... (for the Tivo to CableBox interface). Hadn't reallized that the ir capability remained.

It works, thanks to Weeknees staff advice.

My thanks.

Now to get an interface with the home network to avoid the cursed "phone line on the floor" syndrome.

SpikeH

Comment

Go for the wireless . . .
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X