Problems with Toshiba SD-H400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Toshiba SD-H400

I'm new to TiVO --- My friend upgraded his TIVO so he gave me his Toshiba SD-H400, which suposedly has Lifetime basic Tivo.

I plugged it in and the DVD green button on the front panel flashed one time. I can hear the hard drive and the fan start, but that's all --- Nothing happens when I press the Power button. When I press the "Open/Close" button, the REC light turns on, but the tray doesn't eject. If I press the Select button, the LiveTV light turns on.

The display doesn't turn on either, and I can not get any image on my TV.

Under this circumstances, I'm not even sure that it actually has the lifetime Tivo... is there a way to check if it does before I put money on it?

Thanks
    Ed

If it has lifetime basic, that's essentially nothing. All Toshiba TiVos have that - it's a pretty scaled down version of the TiVo service.

It sounds like you might have motherboard issues. You should check with Toshiba on repair costs.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Just what I thought --- one last question: can I save the Hard Drive and use it in my computer? If so, what's the process.. thanks again.
      ed

Comment

Also, check the progressive/interlace switch on the back. If it is set to progressive and aren't connecting with component cables to a progressive capable tv, you'll get no video output.

Comment

OK, I tried the progressive/interlace switch and still no video or light turns and remains on.

So what do you think my options are? Should I put some money to try to fix it? Could I sell it "As Is" or just give it away? I liked the idea of Lifetime service, but at this point it might not even be worth it...

Any thoughts?

And thanks for your help --

Comment

It's at least worth contacting Toshiba to see what they say. Report back please!
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X