SAT-t60 shows Green Screen with "A SEVERE ERROR HAS OCCURED"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAT-t60 shows Green Screen with "A SEVERE ERROR HAS OCCURED"

MY FEELING is that the hard drives are toast. Is there a way to recover the recorded shows at all?

Please give me options... I just wander what the error message means...

That's right - bad drive(s) in there. In that case, recovery is likely to produce the same errors. You should order a "replace" kit:

http://www.weaknees.com/sat6.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

There are two drives in there, my guess is that the "original" drive was the one that went bad, since it may have the operating system software installed in it, the other drive was just for storage. So if i'm right is it possible to recover shows on the 2nd hard drive? do you guys do diagnostics to determine if the hard dirves are still good and if there is any chance of recovery? Please advise.

Comment

We can do diagnostics, but that involves a labor charge which isn't refundable. So if both drives are bad, the money is gone, which is why we usually recommend just doing a new "replace" kit.

Comment

Is there any way I could try to retrieve the shows on my own and transfer them to a temporary storage, while I get the TiVo repaired and then when the TiVo is back re-transfer them into the new drives. Is it worth the trouble?

If not, directv is saying they could replace the old tivo with a new Directv DVR for $70.00. The other option is to repair the Tivo which could cost more than $70.00, so it would make economic sense to have directv replace the Tivo unless there is a chance to recover the shows.

What's your opinion?

Comment

We could try to recover those shows, but it would likely be pretty expensive . . .

We have a review of the new DTV DVRs - just be sure you know what you're getting into.

Comment

So how much will it cost to send the SAT-T60 for repair?

Comment

Basically, you'd need a drive (starts at $119) plus $49 for installation:

http://www.weaknees.com/sat6.php

Comment

Working...
                X