DTV and Toast Ti 8 software incompatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DTV and Toast Ti 8 software incompatability

I have a DirecTV TiVo (series 2) with a lifetime subscription. I also have AppleTV and Toast 8 Titanium software.
    Is there any way to get the DirecTV TiVo to work with AppleTV?
    If not, is there a non-DirecTV TiVo unit that will still work with DirecTV?
    If not, is there a non-DirecTV TiVo unit that will still work with Dish TV or other satellite service?
    I hate to leave DirecTV. I have been with them since they started. But I feel betrayed that they won’t allow their units to work with AppleTV and Toast 8 Titanium software.

So far, we haven't seen any way to get video from a DirecTV TiVo to an AppleTV. The way to go would be to get a non-DirecTV TiVo, use TiVoToGo, transcode the video, and upload it. You'd need one of these units:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

>>The way to go would be to get a non-DirecTV TiVo, use TiVoToGo, transcode the video, and upload it.<<

Where can I get step by step instructions on how to do this?

Also, if I use my new TiVo unit just to transfer from my DirecTV TiVo, do I have to pay a monthly subscription?

Comment

If you use a standalone TiVo, yes, you need to pay the subscription fee. I don't know how easy it will be to control one TiVo from another - you might need to do manual recordings.

I can't find any complete guide to how to get the programming to the AppleTV, unfortunately. If I have time . . .
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X