Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomson PVR10UK dead

Hi
    The above tivo i believe is a series 1, which had been upgraded for me some time ago with a maxtor 120 G drive. but recently It has been playing up & has eventually frose permenantly. I have tried unsuccessfully to transfer a backed up image to a maxtor 160 G drive using both MFS Tools V2 & Hinsdales How To instructions dated March 15th 2007.
    When the drive is put into the Tivo it gets stuck on the Powering Up Screen.
    I have the Gunlock utility which unlocks the drive once it has been in the Tivo. But the software TiVoMad v3.2 mentioned in the how to guide is nowhere to be found . Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks
    vfr

You shouldn't need TiVoMad to put a fresh image on a drive. Are you sure your image is OK?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Hi
      firstly thanks for your reply.
      The image is that of the one used to upgrade the system to a 120 G drive some time ago using Mftools V1.1. I am using this as the drive fitted to the system has faults on it. The instructions on Mf tools v2 tells you that you must use Tivomad when putting bigger drives in Tivo series 1, as there is a limit of 130 G. The instructions are very systematic so without this tivomad I am a little bit lost on how to proceed.
      Reading the text it is my understanding that Tivomad resolves the disk size issue in tivo series 1
      Regards vfr

Comment

I really don't have a lot of experience with UK images, but I believe if you use Mfstool 2.0, you'll get the TiVoMad portions that you need, all in one.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X