Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replaced drive, wants me to call Directv

Greetings,
    Original subject fixed by rebooting. Now I have another problem.

Everything completed ok but my list of available channels has no channels below 100. I called DirecTV and they confirm that I do have the local channels active at their end. I've checked the signals of the satellites, looked at a bunch of transponders on all three satellites. All signal strengths are 85-93. All the different menu choices and guides only show channels above 99. I have a second DirecTivo in the other room on the same dish and it gets all the channels from 2 to 100 and up. I've rebooted several times with no change. This all occured after putting in a new weaknees hard drive. That fixed all the other problems I was having as well as doubled my recording time. It only took about 10 minutes to do the swap but I've spent hours trying to get the local channels active. I've also redone the Guided Setup three times with no help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Art K6KFH
    Last edited by K6KFH; 06-17-2007, 06:15 PM.

Sometimes the channels just take about 24 hours to reappear. But if you're on the phone with DTV, they can re-hit your access card with local channel authorization and the change should be immediate. Did they try that?
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

They came on late last night. Only problem is the original problem is still there. It randomly breaks up and freezes.

I'm looking for a replacement unit (DirecTivo Series 2 with any size hard drive) at a reasonable price. Anyone got one they would like to sell? Would prefer a Hughes HDVR2.

Thanks,

Art

Comment

We have a bunch of replacement DirecTV TiVo units that are tested and warranted.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X