TCD 540040 Lost all video from all outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCD 540040 Lost all video from all outputs

I have over a two year old single tuner Tivo TCD 540040. While reconnecting it to a new LCD TV...I saw the "Tivo lost signal screen with the various suggested solutions screen..ie change channels etc". However it was very snowy and a loud buzz.. Then screen went to blue. Lost signal.

Tried this TIVO with other TV's and cables. No go.

No signal coming out of this TIVO.

While the green light is still comes on in the front panel...activating the remote does not cause the orange light adjacent to green... to flicker on also??.

Tried all outputs and nothing..and my LCD TV says "No signal/input"

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Scott

That's very likely a bad power supply. We'd highly recommend trying a replacement TiVo power supply from our site.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

New Power source did not work

I just installed a weeknees power supply. No go. Exact same symptoms. Green light but no signal of any type on any of the outputs.

I will return the power supply..so what next do you sell the board? There are only three components in this.

thx

Comment

Have you tried it on a different TV? We don't sell the main board, but those fail very, very rarely.

Comment

No output and no "flickering orange light" when remote activated

Yes with different tv's and since I have several tivos..it was easy to hook ou the others and know that it is my oldest TIVO which has decided to have zero output.

I see nothing on the forums about the lack of a flickering orange light next to the front green panel lite when activating the remote. Who ever can answer that likely will have the correct diagnosis

Comment

The light can't flicker if the unit doesn't boot, and you're nowhere near booting. I really think you just have a bad motherboard.

Comment

motherboard

OK Thanks...any ideas on who sells mother boards for this particular unit?

Thx

Comment

This is a duplicate response from a similar thread but the answer is the same...

Generally, b/c the motherboard includes the chip identifying your specific unit to TiVo, you won't find anyone selling them individually. You'd need an entire new chassis and to have your service plan transferred over to it at TiVo's discretion.
                That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
                X