No output / no "orange light" when remote activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No output / no "orange light" when remote activated

I have over a two year old single tuner Tivo TCD 540040. While reconnecting it to a new LCD TV...I saw the "Tivo lost signal screen with the various suggested solutions screen..ie change channels etc". However it was very snowy and a loud buzz.. Then screen went to blue. Lost signal from TIVO

Tried this TIVO with other TV's and cables. No go.

No signal coming out of this TIVO.

While the green light is still comes on in the front panel...activating the remote does not cause the orange light adjacent to green... to flicker on also??.

Tried all outputs and nothing..and my LCD TV says "No signal/input"

I purchased a new Weeknees power source and that too made no difference. The key clue would seem to be the lack of the flickering orange light next to the green panel power light. What would cause that? I have hooked other TIVOS up to same set and no problem with them. Multiple power sources and still no output..just the blue screen

Any suggestions?

Almost has to be just a dead motherboard at this point.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

OK I posted this question earlier just wanted to get a consensus of opinion...know who sells motherboards?

thanks

Comment

Generally, b/c the motherboard includes the chip identifying your specific unit to TiVo, you won't find anyone selling them individually. You'd need an entire new chassis and to have your service plan transferred over to it at TiVo's discretion.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X