Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TCD24008A Problems - No Manual Record Ability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCD24008A Problems - No Manual Record Ability?

Greetings from Canada!

I just bought a TCD24008A 80-hour TiVo off of an American eBay user for a good deal that was said to be in very good condition. When I went to set it up, I entered in my postal code and everything and it ran its several updates (some taking a few hours) and completed successfully. From my understanding at least, we don't have TiVo service here in Canada, but that didn't matter to me because I just wanted to record TV shows with the "Manual record by time/channel" feature. My father has successfully used 2 TiVos so far for this purpose and has not run into any issues.

My problem is that my machine will only do the basic functions of live TV with no recording capabilities. When I go to record a show, it consistently tells me that my TiVo service has been cancelled and that I should activate the TiVo with a phone number. Is there a way that I can get this TiVo to perform "manual record by time/channel" without getting the TiVo service, or am I just hooped? Thanks everyone.

Actually, the TiVo service IS available in Canada, and it is required for your unit to operate. It will not work without the service, as you've discovered.

Comment

Working...
    X