Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record 2 shows w/S 2 DT on dish network?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record 2 shows w/S 2 DT on dish network?

I just switched my Series 1 Tivo for the Series 2 DT so I could record 2 shows at once.I have Dish Network and have been wanting to record two shows at once.After recieving the new Tivo S2 DT and reading the instructions,it seems I will be able to record only one show at a time.
    Is there any way to record two shows at once?I do not have cable.

Will the series 1 tivo be of any use w/o a new subscription?There are shows left on there for the grandchildren.Will they be watchable?
    Are there any functions working w/o a pay subscription?
    Are there any Dish Network recievers that have digital/analog tuners together or would that work if there were?
    Thanks for looking and everyones help.

You cannot use the dual-tuner features of your TiVo with DISH network; no way to do it.

The Series 1 should operate without a subscription and you should be able to watch the shows. In rare cases (with the latest-model Series1 units), a subscription is required, but that is pretty rare.

I am not familiar with DISH Network's DVRs; they are generally not very highly regarded. If you want to get a dual-tuner for satellite, consider DIRECTV...and consider contacting weaKnees if you need help getting new DIRECTV service, should you want to go that route.

Comment

Will the S2 DT tivo work with DirectTV and if they do what would be the best models that work with SD and HD without too many problems?
      Last edited by pjjmjlf; 07-07-2007, 12:07 PM.

Comment

The DT will work with DTV, but it won't record two shows at the same time.

HOWEVER, we have DIRECTV TiVos (TiVo and DIRECTV all in one box) that do have dual-tuners. They are currently $1 for new DIRECTV subscribers...fantastic deal if you want to move to DIRECTV.

You should give us a call if you want to move to DIRECTV--the deals for new subscribers have never been better.
        Last edited by WK-Jeff; 07-07-2007, 01:48 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

Working...
        X