Lost local channels with new hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost local channels with new hard drive

I replaced my hard drive in the TIVO receiver since it was dying. Now my local stations give me black screens. I did all the trouble shooting I know to do, including resetting everything, dialing in to DirectTV, sat tests, IPL .... At first I didn't even get the stations on the menu, but after a couple days of playing around I managed to make that happen. Called DirectTV, they played with the sat; their solution was to send me a DirectTV DVR. I don't really want it - I want TIVO. Can anyone help?

Originally posted by mary View Post
    Called DirectTV, they played with the sat; their solution was to send me a DirectTV DVR.
    I'm surprised that was their solution. I'd call back and ask them to "re-hit your access card." That's typically all that's needed. But please let us know what happens...
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

On the original call I asked them about the access card - they said they wouldn't replace it, but would replace the unit instead. But I'll give them one more shot before I open this box.

Comment

Make sure you don't ask them to replace the card...you're asking them to "re-hit the access card" because you're missing your locals.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X