Stuck in Clear and Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck in Clear and Delete

Received my refurbished HDVR2 (minus hard drive) today from WK. Installed known working hard drive, got the thing up and running with DirecTv. Had message that there is a hardware problem need to restart. Did that. Same message. So I did a clear and delete I am now stuck in clear and delete for an hour and a half. This is a 40 gig Segate. How do I get out when the screen message says "do not unplug the recorder during this process"?

The hardware error sounds normal for your situation, and the clear & delete generally takes a long time. But if it's stuck in that process and won't come out, usually only a drive reformat or a new drive entirely will solve the problem.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

So I should let it continue on for a while? Red light is blinking, I assume this is normal. How long should I wait before unplugging and trying to reboot?

I would also like to reconnect my DirecTv receiver so I will have picture and sound. Will it upset the HDVR2 if I disconnect audio and video cables while this is going on?

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler View Post
        So I should let it continue on for a while? Red light is blinking, I assume this is normal. How long should I wait before unplugging and trying to reboot?
        If after five to ten hours you're still stuck, I think you can safely assume you need to replace the drive or have it reformatted.

Comment

Originally posted by Traveler View Post
          Will it upset the HDVR2 if I disconnect audio and video cables while this is going on?
          Disconnecting OUTGOING audio/video cables should have no negative effect on your TiVo, but try and disconnect them very, very gently so as not to transmit any heavy vibrations to the spinning hard drive inside.

Comment

Just to follow up for anyone else that has this problem...... Somewhere around the 4 hour mark I noticed the green light on the front of the unit.Went thru the set up procedure and the thing is working well except no local channels. Phone call to DTV coming up next......

Comment

The locals can take up to 24 hours to come to a new unit, but a phone call to DTV should make them show up immediately.
              Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
              X