Nothing happens when I press the Tivo button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing happens when I press the Tivo button

Today, my Tivo button (on my Series 2) stopped working. When I press it, there is no familiar "ding," and the Tivo menu doesn't pop up. So, I'm stuck watching live TV.

I know the Tivo is receiving my remote control signal when I press the Tivo button, because I can see a yellow light lighting up when I press it. Plus, the Tivo can do everything else I try with my remote: guide, pause/playback, even record. I just can't access anything I've recorded, or anything else in the Tivo menu.

This just happened today, and already it's driving me crazy! Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

Pretty bizarre. Is there a "TiVo" button on your unit that you can use?

Sounds like a bad remote, if you can still pause and get the guide - we have replacements here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-remote-finder.php
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

About a bad remote..

If you have a digital camcorder, or even some digital cameras, most can see a portion of IR and will pick up the remotes signal (especially if it has a "night shot" type of feature). Use this to see if the remote sends out an IR code when you push various buttons.

This may help quickly identify if the TiVo button has stopped working, but the others are OK.

Comment

Easy fix for this. Just happened to my friends Tivo. It's not the remote. We tried another remote...same thing...the Tivo button didn't work.

Here is the workaround...instead of hitting the Tivo button on the remote (which won't work), press left twice on the circle pad. If you are watching live tv, this will take you to Tivo Central. If you are watching a tivo-ed show, you have to keep pressing left until you get to where you want.

I suspect this is a motherboard problem, so this workaround will save your tivo.

Comment

Is it possible you are not watching through the TiVo? Can you pause live TV?

Comment

Working...
          X