Green Screen severe error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Screen severe error

Hi. I recently came across the weaknees store/forum seems to be some great information here. Anyway, here is my problem. We had a short power outage a few hours ago along with some intense lightning. After the storm, my philips dsr-708 (2 years old) is showing the green screen of death. I took the cover off, the fan is spinning, i can hear the hd spinning also. The green nightmare screen is clearly visible. OK, so I'm thinking some sort of surge hit this? How i have no clue, since all other electronics are fine (tv, dvd etc...) My phone line was plugged into the directv tivo, a surge from there maybe the cause?

So does this sound like a hd is toast? If so & I need a replacement, what is the largest hd the dsr-708 will accept.

thanks

I agree....surest solution is a replacement drive. You can go up to a single or dual 750 GB drives on that unit, but a full range of replacement options are available here:

https://www.weaknees.com/tivo-philips-dsr708.php
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Update: Kept the tivo system on overnight, as I previously only waited a few minutes (it says 3 hrs. on the screen). This morning the tivo is working fine, all day without any problems. I now think there was no hit to the box since nothing else was affected. It seemed like the unit just needed to 'reset' somehow. Thanks Jason for the quick response & I will keep this site handy for future upgrades!

Comment

OK - some bug hit it, but it sounds like it may have worked out the kinks!
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Sound about right...I concur! PS...are those BlueBlockers, Mike?
          Last edited by WK-Jason; 07-12-2007, 05:01 PM.
          That's all there is to it!

Comment

Jason: Thanks for the follow-up. Glad to hear that, in your professional opinion, you are in concurrence with the specified series of events and results.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
            X