No audio thru Tivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No audio thru Tivo

This is very strange. I just hooked up my Series 2 DT box to a new Cox Cable HD digital cable box and I can get audio direct thru the cable box on HDMI but if I try to watch Tivo or thru Tivo I get no audio.

Anyone?

I'm afraid I may have to dump my Tivo and go with Cox's DVR...

What connections are you sending from the cable box to your TiVo? And it may be that your Cox box disables the analog audio when the HDMI is connected, but you'd want to confirm that either with them or in the manual/onscreen.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Jason View Post
      What connections are you sending from the cable box to your TiVo? And it may be that your Cox box disables the analog audio when the HDMI is connected, but you'd want to confirm that either with them or in the manual/onscreen.
      From the cable box to the Tivo I've got coax F (split per the Tivo instructions before going into the "cable in" on the Cox box) and the standard "red/white/yellow" audio/video connector...again, per the Tivo instructions.

Comment

I'm a little confused by your signal path (maybe b/c it's the end of the day here) but my suggestion would be to take whatever cabling that carries your pix & sound into the TiVo and try connecting it directly to a TV to make sure you're really seeing and hearing signal through those wires. The trick is to figure out where in the signal path your loss is occurring.
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X