Erase and clear everything then hung up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erase and clear everything then hung up

I have a Samsung Directv/tivo unit that I had some problems with. When I was directed by Directtv to go through the "Clear and erase everything" option to reset the drive, the unit hung up and never got past the "please do no unplug the unit, this may take up to 2 hours" screen. I left it running for days and havn't had success. I finally cycled the power and now the unit will say "starting up" when I plug it in, then go to the same erase message screen as before. Is there an easy way to fix this? Will replacing the drive correct the problem? I'm assuming the drive is inaccessable so I wouldn't be able to pull anything off of it and I can't tell what software version I'm running.

Your drive is getting stuck somewhere, whether because of a physical problem or due to a software error so severe that the TiVo can't pull out of it. Our suggestion would be to replace the drive:

http://www.weaknees.com/dvr-upgrades.php
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Thanks!

That's what I thought I might have to try next, Thanks for the info!! I'll give it a shot and see what happens!

- Mike

Comment

Working...
      X