Diagnostic reboot loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diagnostic reboot loop

I'm looking for a way to break a diagnostic reboot loop cycle.

I have a Hughes SD-DVR40 that was upgraded with the addition of a twinbreeze and a 160Gb additional drive. It was (what I determined from the forums here) showing sighns of a hard drive failure. Mostly it would pixelate and occassionally hang. At times it would require a power cycle/restart to return to proper operation. I've already ordered a replacement drive for the system, but in the mean time I found instructions on entering the "kickstart" diagnostic codes (http://alt.org/wiki/index.php/TivoDiagnostics) and have followed the steps to enter a code 58 (perform msf cleanup). I had hoped that it would correct some of the issues until the new drive arrived; however now the system continually cycles through the "Power up, just a few minutes more, and the Green Error Screen.

Is there a way to break the reboot cycle?

Thanks.

Sounds like you have either a physical problem with one or both of your drives, or you have a software problem too severe for the TiVo to self-repair. The drive replacement is your best (and likely only) option. Be aware, however, that your replacement drive needs to work by itself and not it place of one of the two you have in the pair.
    That's all there is to it!

Comment

Thanks for the info.

I was just hoping that maybe there was something else that I could do to return it to an operational status before the new drive arrives (to replace both of the existing drives.)

Comment

I wish I had a suggestion but based on our experience here, chances of getting back to TiVo Central in the current state seems highly unlikely. Hang in there!
        That's all there is to it!

Comment

Working...
        X