Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HR-22 network bits

I noticed there were two network jacks on the back of my new HD receiver
    can I just plug that into the router I have? I noticed they sell some sort of 'internet connection kit'

Yes, you can run an Ethernet cable from the back of your HR22 directly into your router.

Comment

Ok, so I don't need that internet connection kit then?

Comment

What kit, exactly?
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Originally posted by WK-Michael View Post
          What kit, exactly?
          They offer two:
          This one is too connect it up to the router via powerline. You plug one into your 110 socket by your DVR and the other into an electrical socket by your router and then plug the ethernet cables into them...

Internet Connection Kit
          $24.99 and up.
          This kit includes equipment for connecting your DIRECTV PlusĀ® HD DVR to the Internet so that you can enjoy our free DIRECTV on DEMAND service.

Note: If this is the first time you're setting up DIRECTV on DEMAND service, you'll need two Internet Connection Kits - one for your router and one for your HD DVR receiver. Each additional receiver requires just one kit. Router not included.

This one is a wireless setup:

Internet Connection Kit (Wireless)
          $79.99
          Kit includes a Linksys wireless adapter for connecting your DIRECTV Plus HD DVR to the Internet. This lets you enjoy our On Demand service at no additional charge.

Note: You will need to have an existing wireless router. Only one wireless adapter is needed for each HD DVR that you want to connect to the Internet.

So if your router is close by and you can get a cable to it okay then you don't need these.....

Comment

Got it.

If you have ethernet at your HR22, then, no, you don't need either one of those kits.
            Been here a long time . . .

Comment

oh good. they tried to sell it to me when I bought it online
              I said no.

Comment

Working...
              X