Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I move Ext HD between HR20 and HR22?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move Ext HD between HR20 and HR22?

Can an external HD be moved back and forth from a HR20 and HR22 with ease, if not how about 2 same units?

Also will the on-board HD and its contents be functional when not hooked up to the external drive?

The reason is because I want to be able to take the HD in an RV and view content recorded at home w/o having to move units. Also it would be nice to still be able to use home unit w/o the Ext HD.

TIA
    Last edited by RUT ROW; 12-28-2008, 03:31 PM. Reason: addendum

You can move it, but it'll get erased each time.

The internal HD takes over when the external is gone.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Are you saying that if I remove the external drive that it will be erased upon removing it or attaching it to a different machine. Which means that I can't move a drive back and forth between machines.

Or are you saying that the internal drive will have been erased as a result of the initial attachment of the external drive?

Is there a feasible way to accomplish my objective?

I appreciate your response but could you give me a more comprehensive explanation of the process or possibly direct me to a link.

Thanks again.

Comment

If you move an external from one HD DVR to another, you will not be able to play back any of the content recorded on the other machine. The internals are not impacted in any way. Basically, what you record on box 1 can only be played back on box 1.

Comment

Bummer... thanks for your reply.

Comment

Working...
          X