Direct tv r-10 parts swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct tv r-10 parts swap

I had a direct TV r-10 dvr recently lose satellite on one tuner so I took the main motherboard out and inspected it for any problems, found none that I could see. re installed and now i cant get it past the powering up screen. Found on e-bay one just like it and got it yesterday but of course Direct TV wants their 20.00 card fee to put this machine in my name. Is there any way I can start swapping parts, hard drive first, to my old machine to get it to work so i don't have to make that call to direct TV? Is the hard drive something that can be switched between 2 same units. Or I'm I going to make both unites junk if I try?
    Thanks

The hard drive can be moved (but you'll need to do a "clear and delete everything" to get rid of the hardware error) but the card is tied to the motherboard, so that really won't help.

The problem, though, at this point anyway, sounds like a drive. But you may also have a bad tuner.
    Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Did the swap last night and surprisingly enough it did work after the deleting of everything and then doing the "dvr connect service" for all the other info. It did take all night to get everything processed and my local channels listed.
      Surprisingly both tuners are working? Receiving all satellites on both tuners. I'd put money on this being more of a motherboard problem.

Comment

Yup - a bad tuner is part of the motherboard . . .
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X