No announcement yet.

HD DVR connection - SAT -2 input used?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD DVR connection - SAT -2 input used?

The wiring diagrams all note that when using the SWM-8 the SAT-2 connection on HD DVRs should not be connected. Is a single connection sufficient to support both tuners on an HD DVR? I have a slimline 5LNB dish, an HR22, an HR20 and an H20 receiver. Can I insert a SWM-8 at the dish and run a single line from the SWM-8 to the H20 receiver and feed the HR22 and HR20 from a single line with a single 1:2 duplexer - one line to each HR22 and HR20?

Sort of.

First, yes--only one line goes into a DVR and that feeds two tuners.

You will need a power supply for the SWM between the multiswitch and the receivers, and you will also need swm-approved splitters if you want to split one line into a DVR and an H20. Otherwise, what you want to do looks about right.

Comment

No you cannot split the signal for the two Dvrs from the swm splitter each box needs its own dedicated line... also you will need a power inserter to power the SWM5 LNB

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTech348 View Post
        No you cannot split the signal for the two Dvrs from the swm splitter each box needs its own dedicated line... also you will need a power inserter to power the SWM5 LNB
        I'm not sure I understand why you're saying here, but you can take a single line from a SWM and split it (using SWM-approved splitters) to various receivers. This is exactly the purpose of a SWM.

Comment

I think what he is asking is if he can split the signal after the swm splitter. That you cant do.

Comment

Working...
          X