Software Version on SD Directivo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software Version on SD Directivo

I just started using an old SD Directivo. The software version is 6.3e. Since the most current version (with all the upgrades) is 6.4a....will it automatically download from Directv or do i have to do it manually?

And FYI when speaking with the Directv rep I asked if she had any info on the new HD Directivo that's coming out, expecting to hear no. But she said that she had actually just talked to Tivo and they said to expect it "right after Christmas at the beginning of the year." Yay!

It should upload automatically.

I think DIRECTV reps love to torture customers sometimes.

Comment

Ok so my Directv R10 has been plugged in with new access card, etc, since Monday night (4 days ago). At least twice a day I force a call-in and at least once a day restart the recorder. So this is my problem: 1) It's still running software version 6.3e but mostly 2) It's not downloading the on-screen guide data. As of this posting it only has programs (in the on-screen guide and also in programs to record) through Sunday. None of the restarts/call ins seem to help. It has said "Some progam guide data available now. Full data in 24 hours" for four days straight. I guess it *is* downloading it somewhat because every day there will be one more day of programming, but I'd like it to show the full 2 week guide like it should (not just 2-3 days). Is there anything i can do? Is it becasue i still have software version 6.3e? I called Directv but they (of course) just want to replace it with their crappy version. Ugh, i can't wait until the new Directivos come out!

Oh and everything is working absolutely fine otherwise. Dual tuners, recording, live tv, etc. Just the availability of program data is an issue.
      Thanks!
      Lauren
      Last edited by wildkittn3; 09-18-2009, 05:40 PM.

Comment

It's not due to the OS version; earlier versions have no problem showing two weeks of upcoming shows.

You could be having a drive problem in the OS area. That could explain why your OS can't update, and also why it's struggling with the guide data. You might want to try a new drive to see if it fixes that - and it would come with 6.4a, so it would definitely fix that problem.

New drives are here:

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo-upgrade.php

Just choose your exact model.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

Working...
        X