Tech left HR20 behind after replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech left HR20 behind after replacement

I was having occasional odd skipping problems on my original HR20 so I had DirecTV come out to check it out. They tried all kinds of random things and I even had one guy want to re-align my dish despite other DVRs in the house working perfectly, but that's another story

Anyway, I finally had a guy just agree to replace the DVR. He also left the bad one behind after I told him I wasn't done watching the shows I'd recorded. He said as long as I didn't hook it up to the sat cables it would work fine. It did work, but every 20 minutes it would go through a very long reboot cycle because it couldn't find the satellite. Needless to say I didn't watch many of those old shows because this was intolerable.

So now I have my new HR20 working fine and my old HR20 just sitting there. I'm wondering what my options are for the old HR20. Can I sell it? Does DirecTV still link it to my account? Can I put an external drive on it and start using it again? What's the scoop? The hard drive in my old DSR6000R01 just died and I'm considering using the old HR20 to replace it.

Thanks in advance

If the problem is only with the internal drive, you can add it back onto your account and continue to use it with an external drive.

Comment

Working...
    X