DirecTivo freezing/rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DirecTivo freezing/rebooting

I've got two DirecTivos that are freezing and rebooting. One is a Hughes HDVR2 (in my bedroom), and the other is a DirecTV DVR R10 (in my living room). For the past couple of weeks, they've been randomly rebooting or freezing, and sometimes they both do it at the exact same moment, sometimes multiple times per day. since they are both doing it at the same time, I don't think it's bad hard drives, and I don't think they were affected by a power spike, since they are both plugged into surge suppressors.
    Any other ideas?

thanks,
    Blake

You might want to try a UPS, which does more than a surge protector. See:

UPS for TiVo

Comment

so, you think my power is shaky? actually, the R10 in my living room is hooked up to a surge suppressor/stage 1 power conditioner. I think it's a Monster HTS850.

Comment

As far as I can tell, that unit is not a UPS - so it offers no help during brownouts, which can be more damaging than spikes to this equipment.
        Been here a long time . . .

Comment

so, will adding a UPS now solve the problem for me, or has the damage likely been done to these two units? there isn't any other problem like pixelation or anything, just freezing or random reboots.

Comment

It's impossible for us to answer that question, but if you had multiple units failing at identical times, I'm thinking you had some pretty nasty power events causing that to happen. They easily could have damaged the units.

Comment

Working...
            X